Total Recycling Optimization Transparency, Ecology and Creativity, Trotec for short, is a family business with a rich history. Founded in 1968 by Bruno Pauwelyn and Beatrix Christiaens, the company is now run by their daughters Sigrid and Dorethé Pauwelyn. We have grown at a rapid pace over the past 50 plus years, as a trailblazer in processing secondary flows from the food industry into basic ingredients for animal feed.
A sustainable solution
Trotec processes by-products from the food industry that for whatever reason are not fit for human consumption. In doing so, we offer food companies a sustainable solution for their production waste and unsold products. The inbound by-product flows may come in bulk (such as production waste) and packed goods (such as unsold produce or products rejected on the basis of quality).
"We do not inherit the land from our grandparents we borrow it from our children"
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Our vision and mission
Trotec goes much further than simply processing food by-products:
- We encourage every means and action to combat food waste
- We subscribe to every sustainable consumption and production model.
- Our ambition is to lead the technological field in every phase of processing
- Our end product meets the highest quality standards
- We actively work with the private, public and third sector that promote and pursue sustainability and the circular economy
To that end, we subscribe to the following:
- Minimal energy consumption goals
- Ecological responsibility charter
- Importance of long-term relationships with all stakeholders
- Corporate social responsibility charter
Positive sustainability report
Trotec is a trailblazer of the circular economy. For more than 50 years, sustainable and socially responsible business has been a reality for us.
- We help reduce food waste by keeping products in the food chain.
- We pursue minimal energy consumption during the production process.
- We keep tight control of our CO2 emissions, not only in the production process but also through our finely tuned logistical organisation.
- We help avoid imports of wheat, maize, soya, sugar and palm oil with the production of an alternative, high-quality, sustainable ingredient.
Prizewinner Innov’Space 2021 (1 star) TrotecQ100
Acquisition of Duynie Feed France's activities in the East of France sector.
Total production capacity for the two sites at 235,000 tonnes/year
Installation of a new drying unit with increased capacity
Trotec’s 50th anniversary
In-house DC Logistics transport company founded
Trotec France production site in Albon opened
New construction department, HoPo, opened for the development of custom-build filling systems and pressure systems
Completely new production process implemented to improve efficiency and food safety, increase capacity and reduce energy consumption
Certified quality system rolled out