This privacy notice applies when you:
- visit or use the www.trotec.be website, owned by TROTEC nv and/or provide personal data to us (e.g. by filling in the contact form, sending an e-mail, making contact by telephone, subscribing to our newsletter, etc.);
- use our services in any way;
- communicate with TROTEC nv in any way via certain other channels (such as: personal meetings or appointments, social media, etc.);
- explicitly accept this privacy notice.
By visiting this website, you confirm that you have read and understood this privacy notice. This privacy notice applies to personal data collected and used by TROTEC nv.
We collect and process your (personal) data in the course of our business. We act in accordance with the "Act of 08.12.1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data" and in accordance with the "General Data Protection Regulation" applicable from 25 May 2018 throughout the European Union.
Below, we briefly explain what this means.
2. Who processes personal data?
TROTEC AG is the data controller, determines the purpose and means of processing your personal data and can be contacted by the following means:
By post via: TROTEC nv , Albert I Laan 21, BE-8630 Veurne
By telephone: +32 58 31 21 99
By e-mail: email@example.com
Via the website: www.trotec.be
3. What personal data is processed?
TROTEC nv processes the following categories of personal data for these purposes (not exhaustive): your name, e-mail address, telephone number and address (identifier or contact details);
Anonymous data is not personal data because it cannot be used to identify you, for example: statistics on the number of visitors to our web pages.
You can visit our website without providing any personal data. We collect information about you when you call us or when you use our mobile applications
4. On what legal basis is personal data processed?
TROTEC nv processes your personal data on the following legal grounds:
- According to the implementation of the agreement you have entered into with us or pre-contractual measures taken upon your request;
- In the legitimate interest of TROTEC nv to be able to assist you with its services;
- If you have given us your permission and expressly accepted this privacy notice.
- In some cases, personal data may be required by law to be processed and passed on to third parties (government bodies).
5. For what purposes are personal data processed?
We only process personal data as necessary (e.g. to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, to comply with our legal obligations ...) or for the purposes for which you have given your consent (e.g. to send you newsletters, to provide you with requested information ...).
We do not collect sensitive personal data (as defined by EU Regulation 2016/679).
6. Who receives personal data?
Your personal data will not be sold, passed on or shared with third parties. In some cases, we are obliged to pass on your data to third parties who will process your data in our order. We choose these third parties with the utmost care so that they can provide all the guarantees necessary to ensure the security and confidentiality of the processing of your data, for example: a company that delivers your order to your address or sends out newsletters.
Under no circumstances will the data provided be passed on to third parties outside the European Union.
TROTEC AG has also taken appropriate organisational and technical measures to prevent unauthorised access and use of your personal data.
7. How long will personal data be stored?
TROTEC nv stores your personal data
- as long as necessary or relevant for the predetermined purposes,
- for as long as it is legally required to do so,
- to the extent that a dispute or legal investigation may arise regarding the services provided by TROTEC nv.
The retention periods depend on the processing activity.
8. What rights do you have?
If you are based in the European Economic Area, you have the right to:
- access your personal data;
- have your personal data corrected;
- transfer your personal data;
- restrict the processing of your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- delete your personal data;
- cancel your personal data;
If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
However, TROTEC nv reserves the right to refuse your request for deletion and cannot be held responsible for the fact that the deleted personal data is temporarily stored, invisible to it, somewhere.
If you are based in France, you also have the right to make general or specific arrangements for the storage and provision of your personal data after your death.
Please contact us to have your rights enforced by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. How can you exercise your rights?
If you wish to exercise your rights, you can send a simple request to TROTEC nv via one of the following channels::
By letter to: TROTEC nv, Albert I Laan 21, BE-8630 Veurne
By e-mail: email@example.com
10. How can you file a complaint?
Complaints about the collection and processing of data by us can be addressed to one of the contact channels described in article 9.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority. In Belgium, this is the Data Protection Authority.
Data Protection Authority via https://www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be/
11. Can this privacy notice change?
TROTEC nv always has the right to improve or change this privacy notice at any time, with changes applying immediately upon publication on its website. You should (re)read this privacy notice at regular intervals to check for adjustments. Your continued contractual relationship or use of our website or services will be deemed acceptance of any changes made to the current privacy notice.
13. Applicable law and jurisdiction
The current privacy notice is subject to the laws and regulations applicable in Belgium and only the courts of the district of West Flanders have jurisdiction in case of dispute.
Cookies collect certain information and store it in order to enable a correct, fast and efficient browsing experience for the user of the website. Cookies from www.trotec.be are used correctly. They cannot collect personal information and are secure for your computer, smartphone or tablet.
Most cookies from www.trotec.be are deleted when the browser is closed. However, some cookies are stored for some time. You can always choose to delete them yourself at any time via your browser.
Cookies can always be deleted or disabled by the user - via the browser settings. Explanations on how to adjust the relevant settings can be found in the "help function" of your browser.
Please note: www.trotec.be does not function optimally if you disable cookies.