Working at Trotec
Trotec has a unique and high-tech production process that is capable of giving a second life to a very diverse range of food products. Trotec now processes the by-products of more than 400 industrial food companies, mainly in Belgium and France.
To make this possible, we are looking for enthusiastic colleagues. Below you will find an overview of our vacancies. Click on the position that interests you for more detailed information.
back to overview
Quality Auditor / Safety
Trotec, with headquarters in Veurne and production sites in Veurne and Albon (France), was founded in 1968 from the philosophy: how can food companies solve their problem of by-products? The starting point was that a by-product is a valuable raw material and not waste. This made Trotec a pioneer.
We developed our own technology to process the by-products safely and efficiently. In the meantime, we have grown into the market leader in the sector.
We process all food products of vegetable origin that contain a minimum of 40% dry matter. This results in a high-quality basic raw material for animal feed (for pigs, cattle and chickens). For the headquarters in Veurne we are looking for a (m / f):
For this extremely innovative and fast-growing company where sustainability and quality are the foundation, we are looking for a hands-on Quality auditor. Your role is two-fold. On the one hand, you are responsible for conducting audits at our suppliers (food producers), both in Belgium and France. In order to guarantee the high quality and food safety of our products, you supervise compliance with the feed legislation and the regulations regarding FCA, GMP +, ISO 22000,…, you prepare reports and inform the parties involved. You will of course act as a contact person on the sites regarding the practical side of the current collaboration and future opportunities. On the other hand, you offer internal support to the QSH Manager. You prepare, report and support various internal audits and (hygiene) inspections regarding complaints handling. You report directly to the QSH manager and management. You perform various tasks within the safety management system.
- For this position we are looking for a Bachelor or Master with a number of years of work experience (at least 3 years) in the food (or animal feed) sector.
- You have the necessary knowledge about HACCP and quality systems (BRC, IFS, FSSC 22000,…) within the food sector and are able to independently (subject to training) perform audits.
- You preferably have an internal auditor attestation
- You like to work in different locations and in different environments. You are of course fluent in communicative and can adapt quickly to your conversation partner.
- You are characterized as independent, enterprising, driven and accurate and of course by your hands-on mentality.
- You are analytical, critical and want to actively contribute to the optimization of processes.
- You are healthy, ambitious and open to change.
- You have a thorough knowledge of Dutch and French, both written and spoken and you are fluent in the current software (Word - Excel).
- You are willing to demonstrate flexible mobility in Belgium and France, given the locations of our suppliers.
- Trained prevention advisor is a plus
- Develop and implement the plan, phases and actions of quality monitoring
- Analyze instances of nonconformity
- Determine and recommend corrective actions
- Raise awareness of and train staff on the approach to quality
- Perform a quality audit, a supplier audit, an environmental audit, ...
- Domain: Quality management system
- Follow up and analyze quality data
- Determine changes and improvements
- Provide, manage and update documentation material
- Domain: Quality control
- Check the validity of the qualification of resources and persons (certificate, authorization, permission, ...), the certification, the conformity of measuring and control instruments
- Develop and adapt quality procedures and check correct application
- Supervising or performing quality controls on incoming and outgoing products during the production process and packaging of products
- Providing technical support and advice to services and customers (design, development, ...)
- Have a sense of accuracy
- Results orientation
- Keeping rules and agreements
- Work independently
- Working together as a close-knit team
- Being able to adapt to changing circumstances (flexibility)
- Being in touch
- You will join a team of colleagues who take the time to train you
- There is an open culture within the organization in which taking initiative is encouraged
- Trotec is located in a traffic-free environment
- We offer a full-time contract (38h week)
- Market-based remuneration
Send your CV and cover letter to Trotec NV, Albert I Laan 21, B-8630 Veurne, Belgium or
contact us through e-mail. Alternatively, you can call us on +32 (0)58 31 21 99.
Even if you cannot find a suitable job vacancy listed, please feel free to send us an unsolicited application